Clash Royale – Pekka Hog Deck | Pekka Poison Deck | Pekka Log Deck
Hey guys, EliSolo here bringing you another deck guide! In this guide, I’ll be showcasing a Pekka Hog Deck which bagged me 12 wins in a Grande Challenge yesterday. I made this deck a few days ago,I try it out in a classic challenge first. As I went 12-1, I realized this deck had something special so I went in with a Grande Challenge and got 12 wins as well. This deck consists of the P.E.K.K.A and Hog Rider as your main offensive units, the Electro Wizard and Executioner, two of the best supporting units in the game, two cycling cards, and the new and improved poison+Log combo. This Pekka Hog Deck is insane, and I hope you guys get some insight on how to play this Pekka Hog Deck! Enjoy
Pekka Hog Deck Card Role:
- P.E.K.K.A: Your main Defense and counter pushing unit. This card is a beast, especially after it’s 1 sec deploy time buff. It is a much more reliable defensive card now. In my opinion the MVP of this deck.
- Hog Rider: Your main win condition. Synergizes very well with all the cards in this deck. As it’s only 4 elixir and offers a lot of value, I think it’s one of the best offensive cards in the game.
- Executioner: The first of your two supporting units. Even after it’s nerf, this card is still so strong on offense and defense as its axe can go through and kill so many troops. It still provides so much value on defense and has great counter pushing abilities with the P.E.K.K.A and Hog on offense.
- Electro Wizard: The second of your two supporting units. This is a very versatile card to aid on offensive and defensive pushes. It’s unique stun abilities can be used very effectively on defense and with the P.E.K.K.A and Hog Rider on offense.
- Skeletons: Cheap, 1 elixir, value card that has grown in popularity ever since its buff. Very effective card that synergizes well with many cards in this deck on offense, and has great distracting and kiting abilities on defense.
- Ice Spirit: Another 1 elixir, value card that works great on offense and on defense, kiting, distracting, and creating a lot of positive elixir trades.
- Poison: Great offensive spell that synergizes well with the Hog and P.E.K.K.A. It can kill many common counters to the two cards and provides area denial to go along with that. This card is a must-have in the deck.
- The Log: Cheap, value spell at taking out princesses, skeletons, goblins, etc. This card is my go-to spell in all decks now due to the zap nerf.
Pekka Hog Deck Offense:
Offensively, your general gameplan is to counter push. Electro Wizard and Executioner are your two supporting units to counter push with the Hog or the P.E.K.K.A. Poison is a key component in this deck on offense with the Hog and the P.E.K.K.A against a lot of common counters to these two cards. The Log is also very reliable at taking out small troops such as skeletons, goblins, princesses, etc.
When your not counter pushing, your main offensive pushes will be small pushes with the hog rider. Hog combos such as hog + ice Spirit and hog + skeletons should be normally used. I will normally add poison with these two combos, however it depends what they drop and how much elixir I have. It’s important not to overcommit.
Pekka Hog Deck Defense:
P.E.K.K.A is your main Defense against tanks such as giants, golems, hog riders, etc. You must never use P.E.K.K.A. offensively if you don’t know what they have, unless you are counterpushing. This is because the P.E.K.K.A is a key component of the defense.
Electro Wizard and Executioner are your two supporting cards at taking out the back line of a push. These cards are also great at taking out leftover troops from a push coming to your side.
Skeletons and Ice Spirit can get a lot of value on defense, killing many troops for a positive elixir trade. These little guys are also great at kiting, distracting, and cycling your deck.
Poison should not be used too much on defense, however if your in trouble it can work.
The Log works very well on defense at taking out princesses, skeletons, goblins, etc. It can also be used very effectively at pushing back troops and pushes.
Hog Rider can be used to distract and pull enemy units in certain situations. To execute this, drop the hog in the middle of the river. Troops will aggro onto the hog rider and chase it all the way back to their own tower.
Hog + Ice Spirit or Hog + Skeletons are the best pushes to start off with to potentially get in some early chip damage, and catch your opponent off guard in their starting rotation. Executioner or Electro Wizard at the back are also great options to bank you elixir. P.E.K.K.A should never be your starting card unless your opponent places a tank such as giant, golem, etc. If they do place a tank, you can drop the P.E.K.K.A into the same lane, setting up your defense. You can also drop skeletons or ice Spirit to cycle to one of these reliable starting cards.
Before 2x Elixir
Before 2x elixir, you’ll want to send in small pushes with the hog rider and maybe a poison. You’ll want to defend and counter push with the P.E.K.K.A and supporting units such as electro Wizard and Executioner. If your P.E.K.K.A push looks like it’ll make it to the tower, you can apply dual lane pressure with a small hog push on the opposite lane. This can be tough for your opponent to stop if their low on elixir.
2x Elixir and OT
In 2x Elixir and OT you’ll want to be more aggressive with your hog and P.E.K.K.A pushes and counter pushes. This means supporting your hog and P.E.K.K.A pushes with your two supporting units, Electro Wizard and executioner, and dropping a poison to back all that up. As you’ll have more elixir to deal with in 2x Elixir, this is where your bigger Beatdown pushes will be taking place.
Pekka Hog Deck Matchups:
- Lava Hound Decks: The executioner and electro Wizard are both great counters to the lava hound, the executioner being the best if you had to choose. These are also great cards to use to counter push with on offense with the hog or P.E.K.K.A. A thing to add is that in this matchup it’s okay to build up a normal P.E.K.K.A push most of the time just because you won’t need your P.E.K.K.A on defense against an air deck.
- Giant/Golem Decks: P.E.K.K.A is a great counter to these two tanks as long as you save your P.E.K.K.A for defense. You should never build up a regular P.E.K.K.A push in this matchup otherwise your opponent will be able to punish you with their big tank. When your opponent drops their Giant or golem at the back you should drop your P.E.K.K.A at the back into the lane of their tank. You can try to punish with the hog in the opposite lane but I’ve found that with this deck you won’t have enough elixir to successfully punish as you’ll need 7 elixir to drop the P.E.K.K.A on defense.
- Hog Rider Decks: This matchup isn’t too easy for this deck however as long as you know how to successfully counterpush you should be good. The P.E.K.K.A is a good counter to the hog, even though it is 7 elixir it’ll set you up for a counterpush. The Electro Wizard can eliminate the hog to only one hit for an even elixir trade. Adding an ice Spirit or skeletons can completely shut it down.
- Graveyard Decks: Executioner is the best counter to the graveyard in this deck. If that is out of cycle, the Electro Wizard works too as long as you use its spawn zap when enough skeletons have accumulated.
- Royal Giant Decks: P.E.K.K.A is a great counter to Royal Giant as long as you save your P.E.K.K.A. Can also set you up for a counterpush! If the P.E.K.K.A is out of cycle you can get creative and use your support cards. Paired with the 1 elixir skeletons, your Electro Wizard or executioner can surprisingly take down this card quickly.
- Elite Barbarians Decks: P.E.K.K.A is a reliable counter to the elite barbarians. Electro Wizard and Executioner can also be used very effectively with skeletons, ice Spirit, and the log to take out the elite barbarians in less elixir. In certain situations you can hog pull the elite barbarians to distract them while your tower or one of your supporting units is killing them.
- Miner Cycle Decks: In this matchup, it’s safe to set up regular P.E.K.K.A pushes as you won’t need it for any big tanks. Miner cycle decks really rely on constant pressure to keep chipping away at the tower. So, prevent as much chip damage as possible. Don’t leave a miner alone at the tower, it will do 512 damage at tourney standard! Also make sure to have fast hands, the dart goblin (a popular card in miner decks) with its fast speed and load time can get in a lot of chip damage alone as well. Thus make sure to always have your cards ready!
I hope you guys enjoyed my Pekka Hog Deck guide on this self-made P.E.K.K.A Hog Beatdown deck.
Check out These ⇓ Topics
- Best Tournaments Deck
- Some Free 2k Card Tournaments Passwords
- Here is Best Pekka Deck
- Here is Best Free To Play Deck
It is a crazy good 12 win Grand Challenge deck! If you guys have any questions or concerns, leave your comments down below and I WILL answer. Thanks so much for taking your time to read my guide!