Clash of Clans Builder Base-Troops, Building, Builder Hall Level Defences
Hi guys, JJudo Sloth here, I run a Clash of Clans YouTube channel Subscribe here and I wanted to give some advice on the new Builder Base following my experience with it from the developer build. You’ve clicked update, repaired the ship and arrived at the Builder Base – massive right, but where do you start? Well I aim to break down the different aspects for you here. This guide is not meant to provide in-depth strategy; the update has only just been released. However this will provide you lots of advice to get you going Take a Look at This Page Full Update HereFor More Info so come and take a look at this Clash of Clans Builder Base Tips guide
Clash of Clans Builder Base-Troops, Building, Builder Hall Level
- Enraged Barbarian – The first troop you unlock in the Builder Base. Very similar to the regular Barbarian but with increased Speed and Damage initially due to its ‘Rage’ Special Ability.
- Sneaky Archer – The Archer is just what you would think but with a Sneaky Ability. When first deployed the Sneaky Archer will be cloaked/invisible (just like the Archer Queen ability). This makes them great for sniping buildings on the outside of a base to help with funnelling/percent.
- Boxer Giant – The Giant much like in your home village is great for absorbing fire and tanking for other troops. The difference, on unlocking the ‘Power Punch’ ability the Boxer Giant will deal extra damage on the first attack.
- Beta Minion – Minions in your home village are often used to ‘snipe’ buildings so what better of a special ability than the ‘Long Shot’. For a short period of time the Beta Minion will fire from a longer range meaning you can more easily snipe off buildings that may normally be in range of defences.
- Bomber (NEW TROOP) – Unlike the previous troops which just are similar to home village troops but with a special ability, the Bomber is a brand new troop for Clash of Clans. Imagine a wallbreaker that could throw the bombs – introducing the Bomber! It will attack anything and everything – buildings, walls, whatever he sees first, although he does get a bonus against walls (similar to the regular wallbreaker in your home village). Similar to the Boxer Giant, the Bombers special ability is being able to deal extra damage with the first bomb. This troop is great if you have defences distracted.
- Baby Dragon – This troop doesn’t need much introduction. The Baby Dragon works the same as within the home village as receives a bonus when not in range of other air units.
- Cannon Cart (NEW TROOP) – Another new troop! You’ve always used the cannon for defence, but why not take it on offense. It is exactly what it sounds like, a cannon on wheels. The Cannon Cart will bring tons of fire to the battle field and doesn’t like to be taken down without getting a few final shots in with its ‘Last Stand’ special ability. A great troop to use as part of a kill squad or when well protected.
- Battle Machine – Your Master Builders prized invention. This is your Builder Base Hero. You don’t unlock it until BH5 and need to upgrade it to level 5 before being able to use the ability. I would say it’s similar to the Barbarian King – very good for tanking but with a re-useable ability. That’s right, the ability has a regeneration time so you can use it again and again so long as he doesn’t get taken out.
- Cannon, Hidden Tesla and Spring Traps – These are the same, no change from your home village.
- Double Cannon – Similar to the Cannon but has a burst fire and ability to unload multiple shots. It does however have shorter range than the normal cannon.
- The Archer Tower – Within the Builder Base the Archer Tower has a nice new mechanic where you can customise it to your base design by setting it to ‘Fast Attack’ (but shorter range) or ‘Long Range’ (but less damage per second).
- Firecracker – Very similar to an Air Defence in your home base but not quite as powerful. It does provide a burst fire.
- Air Bombs – Don’t get confused, this is actually a defensive structure and its powerful. This is your heavyweight air defence – protect it wisely. The Air Bombs provide a constant stream of air traps when a troop is within range, deadly if not taken down.
- Mine and Mega Mine – Similar to the Bomb and Giant Bomb from your home village but with the ability to switch them between ground/air. As with the Archer Tower, this is per trap, so you could set half to air and half to ground.
- Crusher – Deadly against ground attackers. It provides splash damage and is a huge hitter, even your hero will suffer drastically if caught underneath. As this defence crashes to the ground it can wreck mass armies but does take a bit of time to recharge for another strike. Why don’t you try using the Push Trap to throw troops under the Crusher – it’s great fun!
- Multi Mortar – Are you getting the idea that these defences in the Builder Base are epic, well this one is no different. It’s long range allows it to take out ground units extremely quickly although you don’t need to worry about it until BH5. If a stack of Cannon Carts or Bombs are clumped up it will have no mercy!
- Push Trap – This is a fun trap to play around with. You are displayed with a small ‘x’ indicating where the trap will push attacking troops to. At first you might think of automatically pushing troops back away from your base but I’ve actually had better success with other methods. For example, try placing a regular spring trap underneath the ‘x’ if you want to have a laugh. Alternatively throwing troops inside your base can actually be effective as defences can focus on just them few troops and take them down quickly. On occasion I’ve been able to push Giants away from the troops they were tanking and providing coverage for. One final thing to consider is not to push troops inside of the Multi Mortars ‘non-fire’ area unless you can take them out. Once I split up a ground of Archers with a push trap which would have been taken out by the Multi Mortar, they were then able to surround it and take it down for the 3 star. A fun trap for us to try out for sure though.
- Guard Post – This simulates Clan Castle troops within the Builder Base, however you cannot change the troops surrounding it. As you upgrade the Guard Post you will have more troops protecting your base. When attacking you will be able to see the troops walking around defending the area.
- Walls – There isn’t much to discuss other than what was mentioned in the ‘What’s Different’ section. Wall pieces come attached in a line of 5. This helps keep the base building relatively quick – which is what I personally like most about the Builder Base – its quick to jump on for a short amount of time to play.
- Clock Tower – If you boost your barracks in the home village then you will love the Clock Tower. Not only does it train troops faster, but it also boosts resources, research and build time – x10 quicker! As you level up the Clock Tower it provides a longer boost time – up to 14 minutes every 8 hours. The advice is basically press it, over and over. Obviously if you are going to be attacking and playing the game it is the ideal time to use it but if you didn’t plan to play for over 8 hours and just logged on to collect mines – press it. It will boost your mines for the period of time and be ready to press again when you wanted to play, a nice boost for the Builder Base.
- Gem Mine – The Gem Mine is here! Not much to explain, it gives you free gems, not a lot, but better than a kick in the teeth. A huge advantage is it’s large capacity, so even if you couldn’t log onto Clash for a few days (WHAT?!?) it would still be working in the background to give you a nice reward when you return.
Builder Hall Level.
Here is a list of what you unlock at each level but descriptions will follow in their appropriate subsection.
- Level 2 – You will have to upgrade to level 2 as part of the tutorial. At level 2 you will have available the Raged Barbarian and Sneaky Archer as troops. Defences available include Cannon, Double Cannon, Archer Tower, Walls and Push Trap. You can also build 2 army camps at this level.
- Level 3 – Troops unlocked include the Boxer Giant and Beta Minion along with a 3rd army camp. Defences unlocked include the Hidden Tesla, Firecrackers, Crusher, Spring Trap and Mine.
- Level 4 – Troops unlocked include the Bomber and Baby Dragon along with the 4th army camp. Defences unlocked include the Guard Post, Air Bombs and Mega Mine.
- Level 5 – The Battle Machine (your Builder Base hero) is unlocked with ability once it is upgraded to level 5. Defensively you unlock the Multi Mortar.